Patricia Urquiola studied architecture and design at the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and completed her studies at the Politecnico di Milano where she graduated under the mentorship of Achille Castiglioni. In Spain, she was awarded the Golden Medal for Merits in Art and received the Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic.
In 2001 she founded her own studio where she specialised in industrial product design, architecture (hotel trade, retail, homes, exhibitions and installations), art direction and strategy consulting. She works with important design companies and international groups, and is part of the advisory board of the Politecnico of Milan university and the Triennale Milano Design Museum. She taught the master’s degree in Interior Design at the Domus Academy in Milan (2013-2015) and has given lectures at prestigious international universities.
She has also given talks at countless cultural events and her work is exhibited in many art and design museums across the world, including the MOMA in New York, the Musée des Arts Decoratifs in Paris, the Triennale Museum in Milan, the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, to name a few. She has been named Designer of the Year by many international magazines.
- Fat-Fat & Lady-Fat Patricia UrquiolaTavolini
- Fat-Sofa Patricia UrquiolaPoltrone
- Fat-Fat Patricia UrquiolaTavolini
- Lazy '05 Patricia UrquiolaSedie
- Husk-Sofa Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Tufty-Too Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Tufty-Time '15 Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Tufty-Bed Patricia UrquiolaLetti
- Bend-Sofa Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Tufty-Time Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Fat-Sofa Outdoor Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Crinoline Patricia UrquiolaPoltrone
- Hollow Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Hollow Patricia UrquiolaPoltrone
- Butterfly Patricia UrquiolaTavolini
- Butterfly Patricia UrquiolaDivani
- Crinoline Patricia UrquiolaSedie
- Fat-Sofa Outdoor Patricia UrquiolaPoltrone
- Fat-Fat Outdoor Patricia UrquiolaTavolini